- Join DJ and cultural historian Dave Haslam for an exposé on Nightlife in 1940s Manchester, with stories from an era when everything was rationed except the urge to go out dancing.
- Find out what you would have been wearing on VE Day in author Julie Summers' Fashion on the Ration talk and come wearing your own 1940s-inspired civilian clothes to take part in a fashion parade, compered by Dave Haslam.
- Watch a demonstration of Lindy Hop dance and join in with a taster session.
- Get your hair done in an authentic 1940's style by a vintage stylist.
- Watch amazing footage from the North West Film Archive showing emotional scenes in Manchester City Centre on VE Day, as people celebrated long into the night with street parties and impromptu sing-alongs in Piccadilly Gardens.
- Chat to our veteran volunteers about their recollections of VE Day.
- Take a tour to get a closer look into personal stories of VE Day.
- See new Second World War objects from IWM's collections, never before displayed at IWM North.
- Special family activities
All events are free.
Tickets available via quaytickets.com or from the Admissions Desk at IWM North.